Most people know Wonder Woman as an embodiment of truth and justice, but don't know much about the comic's earlier years or its creator. Marston lived an unconventional life, and in many ways, Wonder Woman was an expression of that life.
- Nyberg, Dr. Amy. "Comics Code History: The Seal of Approval." Comic Books Legal Defense Fund. http://cbldf.org/comics-code-history-the-seal-of-approval/
- Lepore, Jill. "The Surprising Origin Story of Wonder Woman." Smithsonian Magazine. October 2014. http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/origin-story-wonder-woman-180952710/
- Bunn, Geoffrey C. "The Lie Detector, Wonder Woman and Liberty: The Life and Work of William Moulton Marston." History of the Human Sciences. 1997. http://comicsstudies.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/52420066/bunn.pdf/
- FBI file https://antipolygraph.org/documents/marston-fbi-file.pdf
- Politt, Katha. " Wonder Woman’s Kinky Feminist Roots." The Atlantic. 11/2014. https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/11/wonder-womans-kinky-feminist-roots/380788/
- MacDonald, Joan Vos. "William Moulton Marsdon, the Psychologist who Created Wonder Woman." Mental Floss. http://mentalfloss.com/article/82677/retrobituaries-william-moulton-marston-psychologist-who-created-wonder-woman
- Gross, Terry. " The Man Behind Wonder Woman Was Inspired By Both Suffragists And Centerfolds." With Jill Lepore. Fresh Air. 11/27/2014. http://www.npr.org/2014/10/27/359078315/the-man-behind-wonder-woman-was-inspired-by-both-suffragists-and-centerfolds
- Lepore, Jill. "The Last Amazon." New Yorker. 9/22/2014 issue. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/09/22/last-amazon
- Special to The New York Times. "HARVARD SPLIT ON SUFFRAGE." New York Times (1857-1922): 1. Nov 30 1911. ProQuest. Web. 5 June 2017 .
- Lepore, Jill. "The Secret History of Wonder Woman." Vintage Books. 2014.
Topics in this Podcast: women's suffrage, stuff you missed in history class show notes, psychology, entertainment history, LGBTQ history, medical history, comic books, quackery, show notes, 20th century, LGBTQIA history, literary history, biographies