Even in its youth, Hollywood's rapidly growing film industry had a reputation for debauchery. When a high-profile director was murdered, it added to that image, and revealed that Taylor, like so many in Hollywood, had lots of secrets.
- King, Gilbert. “The Skinny on the Fatty Arbuckle Trial.” Smithsonian. NOVEMBER 8, 2011. NOVEMBER 8, 2011
- Giroux, Robert. “A Deed of Death: The Story of the Unsolved Murder of Hollywood Director William Desmond Taylor.” Knopf. 1990.
- Louvish, Simon. “Silent Victim.” The Guardian. Oct. 23, 2003. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2003/oct/24/3
- Mann, William J. “Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood.” Harper Collins. 2014.
- Sheerin, Jude. “'Fatty' Arbuckle and Hollywood's first scandal.” BBC News. Sept 4, 2011. http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-14640719
- Viagas, Robert. “Onetime Ziegfeld Girl Olive Thomas has been actively haunting Aladdin’s theatre. Seriously.” Playbill. Oct. 30, 2016. http://www.playbill.com/article/did-you-know-broadways-new-amsterdam-theatre-has-a-ghost