The exploits of the Special Operations Executive are the stuff of legend. This episode continues to look at a few of the group's missions, and what became of the SOE after WWII.
- McGlynn, M.B. “GORGOPOTAMOS VIADUCT.” Special Services in Greece. New Zealand Electronic Text Collection. Victoria University of Wellington Library. http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz/tm/scholarly/tei-WH2-2Epi-c1-WH2-2Epi-j.html
- Worrall, Simon. “Inside the Daring Mission That Thwarted a Nazi Atomic Bomb.”National Geographic. June 5, 2016. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/06/winter-fortress-neal-bascomb-heroes-of-telemark-nazi-atomic-bomb-heavy-water/
- Addison, Paul. “The Road to 1945: British Politics and the Second World War.” Pimlico. 1994.
- Bascomb, Neil. “The Winter Fortress: The Epic Mission to Sabotage Hitler's Atomic Bomb.” Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 2016.
- Morris, Nigel. “The Special Operations Executive 1940 – 1946.” BBC. Feb. 17, 2011. http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/wwtwo/soe_01.shtml
- “Operation Gunnerside.” Atomic Heritage Foundation. July 28, 2017. https://www.atomicheritage.org/history-page-type/espionage
- “1943: The Heroes of Telemark.” Hydro. August 3, 2016. https://www.hydro.com/en/about-hydro/Our-history/1929---1945/1943-The-Heroes-of-Telemark/
- “Hitler’s Sunken Secret – Lake Tinn.” Promare. http://www.promare.org/archive/archive-norway/archive-norway-lake-tinn/
- Steinacher, Gerald. “The Special Operations Executive (SOE) in Austria, 1940-1945.” University of Nebraska-Lincoln Faculty Publications, Department of History. 2002. Special Operations Executive (SOE) in Austria, 1940-1945
- Lewis, Damien. “Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare: How Churchill's Secret Warriors Set Europe Ablaze and Gave Birth to Modern Black Ops.” Quercus; Reprint edition. 2016.
- Seeger, J.R. “Learning From World War II Special Operations.” Studies in Intelligence. Vol 59, No. 4. (Extracts, December 2015.) https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/vol-59-no-4/pdfs/Seeger-WII-Special-Ops.pdf
- Astley, Joan Bright. “The Inner Circle: A View of War at the Top.” Little, Brown. 1971.
- Tolppanen, Bradley. “Great Contemporaries: Frederick Lindemann (“The Prof”).” The Churchill Project. Hillsdale College. Feb. 17, 2016. https://winstonchurchill.hillsdale.edu/frederick-lindemann/