Mary Stuart is one of history’s most memorable figures, with myriad compelling chapters in her life. The Babington Plot was a convoluted bit of intrigue that she’s tied to, and it ultimately led to her execution.
- BBC. “Mary in England 1568-1587.” BBC Bitesize. https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/guides/zyjtyrd/revision/1
- Simkin, John. “The Babington Plot.” Spartacus Educational. https://spartacus-educational.com/TUDbabingtonP.htm
- “Secret codes and the Babington Plot.” Scottish History. http://www.sath.org.uk/edscot/www.educationscotland.gov.uk/scotlandshistory/renaissancereformation/babingtonplot/index.html
- “The Babington Plot.” History Magazine. October/November 2001. http://www.history-magazine.com/babington.html
- Pollen, John Hungerford, S.J. “Mary Queen of Scots and the Babington Plot.” University Press for the Scottish History Society. 1922. Via Hathi Trust. https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uva.x000151871;view=1up;seq=7
- National Library of Scotland. “The Last Letter of Mary Queen of Scots.” https://digital.nls.uk/mqs/index.html
- Younger, Neil. "Robert Peake (c1551-1619) and the Babington Plot." British Art Journal, vol. 14, no. 2, 2013, p. 65+. Academic OneFile, http://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/A357034966/GPS?u=som&sid=GPS&xid=bedcdf28. Accessed 14 Nov. 2018.
- "Elizabeth I Executes Mary, Queen of Scots." Global Events: Milestone Events Throughout History, edited by Jennifer Stock, vol. 4: Europe, Gale, 2014, pp. 189-192. Global Issues in Context, http://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/CX3728000570/GPS?u=som&sid=GPS&xid=09f65a56. Accessed 14 Nov. 2018.
- "Stuart, Mary." Elizabethan World Reference Library, edited by Sonia G. Benson and Jennifer York Stock, vol. 2: Biographies, UXL, 2007, pp. 225-234. World History in Context, http://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/CX2587000055/GPS?u=som&sid=GPS&xid=9da27a55. Accessed 14 Nov. 2018.
- "Mary, Queen of Scots (1542-1587)." Encyclopedia of World Biography, Gale, 1998. General OneFile, http://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/A148478120/GPS?u=som&sid=GPS&xid=b0dfb0b7. Accessed 14 Nov. 2018.
- Batho, G.R. “The Execution of Mary, Queen of Scots.” The Scottish Historical Review, Vol. 39, No. 127, Part 1 (Apr., 1960). Via JSTOR. https://www.jstor.org/stable/25526566
- Tenney, Horace Kent. “The Trial of Mary Queen of Scots.” American Bar Association Journal, Vol. 17, No. 5 (MAY, 1931). Via JSTOR. https://www.jstor.org/stable/25708232