Carmen Miranda is one of those historical figures who remains hugely iconic – we STILL see her image, or some derivative of it, on a regular basis. She was luminous on camera and an excellent singer, with a personality much larger than her small stature.
- Garcia-Navarro, Lulu. “Of Fruit Hats And 'Happy Tropics,' A Renaissance For Carmen Miranda.” NPR. April 22, 2015. https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/04/22/401467980/of-fruit-hats-and-happy-tropics-a-renaissance-for-carmen-miranda
- Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica. “Carmen Miranda.” Encyclopædia Britannica. April 22, 2016. https://www.britannica.com/biography/Carmen-Miranda
- “Film Star Carmen Miranda Dies.” Los Angeles Times. Aug. 6, 1955. http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-carmen-miranda-19550806-story.html
- Vargas, Andrew S. “Stereotype or Samba Pioneer? A Look Back at the Controversial Legacy of Carmen Miranda.” Remezcla. Dec. 9, 2016. http://remezcla.com/film/tbt-carmen-miranda-brazil-actress-singer/
- Bishop-Sanchez, Kathryn. “Creating Carmen Miranda.” Vanderbilt University Press. 2016.