We did a live show for the Indiana Historical Society about the town of New Harmony, Indiana in the window from 1815-1827. In that period, two different communal societies occupied the town, one right after the other. But one was far more successful.
- Holliday, John H. “Indiana Historical Society Publications, Vol. V, Number 4; An Indiana Village, New Harmony, pp. 205-229.” Leopold Classic Library. 2017.
- Carmony, Donald F. and Josephine M. Elliott Carmony. “New Harmony, Indiana: Robert Owen's Seedbed for Utopia.” Indiana Magazine of History. 1980.
- The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica. “George Rapp.” Encyclopædia Britannica. October 28, 2018. https://www.britannica.com/biography/George-Rapp
- Rode, Silvia. "Johann Georg Rapp." Immigrant Entrepreneurship: German-American Business Biographies, 1720 to the Present, vol. 1, edited by Marianne S. Wokeck. German Historical Institute. Last modified May 07, 2015. http://www.immigrantentrepreneurship.org/entry.php?rec=237
- Tomney, James. “DIVINE ECONOMY: GEORGE RAPP, THE HARMONY SOCIETY AND JACKSONIAN DEMOCRACY.” Liberty University Masters Thesis. Lynchburg, Virginia. 2014. https://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1324&context=masters
- Robert Owen. n.d. New Harmony Land Contract Letter. Digital Image Â© 2006 Indiana Historical Society. All Rights Reserved. http://cdm16797.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/dc014/id/77.
- Pitzer, Donald E. “America’s Communal Utopias.” University of North Carolina Press. 2010.
- Pitzer, Donald E. “New Harmony’s First Utopians, 1814-1824.” Indiana Magazine of History. 1979.
- The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica. “New Harmony.” Encyclopædia Britannica, inc. July 22, 2011. https://www.britannica.com/place/New-Harmony
- Pitzer, Donald and Darryl D. Jones. “New Harmony Then and Now.” Indiana University Press. 2012.
- Arndt, Karl John Richard. “George Rapp’s Harmony Society, 1785-1847.” University of Pennsylvania Press. 1965.
- “Treaty With the Delawares, 1804.”https://www.washington.edu/uwired/outreach/cspn/Website/Classroom%20Materials/Curriculum%20Packets/Treaties%20&%20Reservations/Documents/Treaty_with_Delawares_1804.pdf