Holly recently got to visit the set of LAIKA's new film "Missing Link," and the production team there agreed to be part of an episode about the history of stop-motion animation. This made for a supersized episode with a regular discussion of the topic, plus interviews with four members of the LAIKA team.
- Douglass, Jason. “Artist, Author, and Pioneering Motion Picture Animator: The Career of Helena Smith Dayton.” Animation Studies. Dec. 29, 2001. https://journal.animationstudies.org/jason-douglass-artist-author-and-pioneering-motion-picture-animator-the-career-of-helena-smith-dayton-runner-up/
- Priebe, Ken A. “The Art of Stop-motion Animation.” Course Technology. 2006.
- Harryhausen, Ray and Tony Dalton. “A Century of Stop Motion Animation: From Melies to Aardman.” Watson-Guptill. 2008.
- Scott, Hannah. “Frame By Frame: The History of Stop Motion.” DigitalRev. Sept. 5, 2016. https://www.digitalrev.com/article/frame-by-frame-the-history-of-stop-motion
- Welk, Brian. “A Timeline of Stop-Motion Animation History, From ‘A Trip to the Moon’ to ‘Isle of Dogs.’” The Wrap. March 19, 2018. https://www.thewrap.com/a-timeline-of-stop-motion-animation-history-from-a-trip-to-the-moon-to-isle-of-dogs-photos/