The MOVE organization is often labeled as a black liberation group or a black power group, but it’s more complex than that. After a protracted, contentious relationship with Philadelphia police, MOVE’s home was bombed in 1985.
AskHistorians' 20-year rule: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/45wqkl/rules_roundtable_5_the_current_eventsmodern/
- Brey, Jared. "Can Philly Fix the Block It Razed, Then Shabbily Rebuilt, After MOVE Bombing?." Philadelphia Magazine. 11/21/2016. http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/11/21/move-bombing-redevelopment-authority/#v8if59vFE5qU50gY.99.
- Demby, Gene. " I'm From Philly. 30 Years Later, I'm Still Trying To Make Sense Of The MOVE Bombing." NPR. Morning Edition. 5/13/2015. http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2015/05/13/406243272/im-from-philly-30-years-later-im-still-trying-to-make-sense-of-the-move-bombing
- Demby, Gene. "Why Have So Many People Never Heard Of The MOVE Bombing?." NPR. Code Switch. 5/18/2015. http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2015/05/18/407665820/why-did-we-forget-the-move-bombing
- Fox, Margalit. " Michael Ward, Survivor of ’85 Bombing by Philadelphia Police, Is Dead at 41." New York Times. 9/27/2013. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/28/us/michael-ward-is-dead-at-41-survivor-of-85-bombing-debacle-in-philadelphia.html?_r=0
- Knight Ridder/Tribune. " Philadelphia families fight attempt to move them." 9/10/2000. http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2000-09-10/news/0009100110_1_mapp-philadelphia-residents
- Mathieu-Léger, Laurence. " The forgotten police bombing of a Philadelphia pro-black group – video." The Guardian. 7/29/2016. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/jul/29/police-bombing-move-compound-philadelphia-1985-video
- Osder, Jason. "Let the Fire Burn." Cinedigm. 1993. Via Amazon Video.
- Philly.com. "MOVE: Devastation on Osage Avenue." http://www.philly.com/philly/news/MOVE_Devastation_on_Osage_Avenue.html
- Sasko, Claire. "City Announces Developer for MOVE Bombing Area." Philadelphia Magazine. 4/19/2017. http://www.phillymag.com/news/2017/04/19/city-announces-redeveloper-move-bombing/
- The MOVE Organization. "About MOVE: Belief and Practice." http://onamove.com/about/
- Wagner-Pacifici, Robin. "Discourse and Destruction: The City of Philadelphia versus MOVE." University of Chicago Press. 1994.
- Wahrhaftig, Paul and Hizkias Assefa. " MOVE/Philadelphia Bombing: A Conflict Resolution History." Sociological Practice. Vol. 10 Issue 1. January 1992. http://digitalcommons.wayne.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1089&context=socprac
- Washington, Linn. "MOVE: A Double Standard of Justice?" Yale Journal of Law and Liberation. Volume 1. Issue 1. 1989. http://digitalcommons.law.yale.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1006&context=yjll