Magnus Hirschfeld was a groundbreaking researcher into gender and sexuality in Germany in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. His work was dedicated to scientific study with the hope of dispelling stigma around homosexuality.
- Feder, Elah and Annie Minoff. “Born This Gay.” Undiscovered. 5/32/2017. https://www.undiscoveredpodcast.org/born-this-gay.html
- STEAKLEY, JAMES D. "Hirschfeld, Magnus." Europe 1789-1914: Encyclopedia of the Age of Industry and Empire, edited by John Merriman and Jay Winter, vol. 2, Charles Scribner's Sons, 2006, pp. 1069-1072. World History in Context, http://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/CX3446900381/GPS?u=som&sid=GPS&xid=0c2dc73c. Accessed 15 Aug. 2018.
- "Magnus Hirschfeld." People of the Holocaust, Gale, 1998. World History in Context, http://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K2422000030/GPS?u=som&sid=GPS&xid=d6f4534f. Accessed 15 Aug. 2018.
- U.S. Holocaust Museum. “Persecution of Homosexuals in the Third Reich.” https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005261
- "Magnus Hirschfeld." Contemporary Authors Online, Gale, 2003. Biography in Context, http://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/H1000119009/GPS?u=som&sid=GPS&xid=78f83a95. Accessed 15 Aug. 2018.
- Djajic-Horváth, Aleksandra. “Magnus Hirschfeld.” Encyclopedia Britannica. 5/10/2018. https://www.britannica.com/biography/Magnus-Hirschfeld
- Bauer, Heike. “The Hirschfeld Archives: Violence, Death, and Modern Queer Culture.” Temple University Press. 2017.
- Amidon, Kevin S. “Sex on the brain: The rise and fall of German sexual science.” Iowa State University Digital Repository. 6/2008. https://lib.dr.iastate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1086&context=language_pubs
- Hill, Darryl B. “Sexuality and Gender in Hirschfeld's Die Transvestiten: A Case of the ‘Elusive Evidence of the Ordinary.’” Journal of the History of Sexuality, Vol. 14, No. 3 (Jul., 2005). Via JSTOR. https://www.jstor.org/stable/3704656
- Sutton, Kate. “’We Too Deserve a Place in the Sun’: The Politics of Transvestite Identity in Weimar Germany.” German Studies Review, Vol. 35, No. 2 (May 2012). Via JSTOR. https://www.jstor.org/stable/23269669
- Marhoefer, Laurie. “Degeneration, Sexual Freedom, and the Politics of the Weimar Republic, 1918-1933.” German Studies Review, Vol. 34, No. 3 (October 2011). Via JSTOR. https://www.jstor.org/stable/41303797
- Sengoopta, Chandak. “Glandular Politics: Experimental Biology, Clinical Medicine, and Homosexual Emancipation in Fin-de-Siecle Central Europe.” Isis, Vol. 89, No. 3 (Sep., 1998). Via JSTOR. https://www.jstor.org/stable/237142
- Dose, Ralf. “Magnus Hirschfeld: The Origins of the Gay Liberation Movement.” Monthly Review Press; Translation edition. 2014.