One man and his incredible intellect affected so many different disciplines. From game theory to computers to the Manhattan Project, von Neumann and his remarkable abilities helped shape the 20th century.
- Atomic Heritage Foundation. “John von Neumann.” http://www.atomicheritage.org/profile/john-von-neumann
- Jones, Vaughan F.R. “Von Neumann Algebra.” https://math.vanderbilt.edu/jonesvf/VONNEUMANNALGEBRAS2015/VonNeumann2015.pdf
- Poundstone, William. “John von Neumann.” Encyclopædia Britannica. January 17, 2017. https://www.britannica.com/biography/John-von-Neumann
- Von Neumann, John. “First Draft of a Report on the EDVAC.” Contract No. W-670-ORD-4926 Between the United States Army Ordnance Department and the University of Pennsylvania. Moore School of Electrical Engineering. June 30, 1945. http://www.virtualtravelog.net/wp/wp-content/media/2003-08-TheFirstDraft.pdf
- Von Neumann, John and Oskar Morgenstern. “Theory of Games and Economic Behavior.” Princeton University Press. 1953 edition. Accessed online: https://archive.org/stream/theoryofgamesand030098mbp/theoryofgamesand030098mbp_djvu.txt
- Hargittai, Istvan. “Martians of Science: Five Physicists Who Changed the Twentieth Century.” Oxford University Press. 2008.
- Institute for Advanced Study. “Electronic Computer Project.” https://www.ias.edu/electronic-computer-project
- Institute for Advanced Study. “John von Neumann.” https://www.ias.edu/scholars/von-neumann
- Institute for Advanced Study. “Mission and History.” https://www.ias.edu/about/mission-history
- Macrae, Norman. “John von Neumann.” Pantheon. 1992.
- Schaefer, Jim. “Marina Whitman discusses the legacy of her father, John von Neumann, in her memoir.” YouTube. Dec. 22, 2012. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UekP-XIKRrQ
- Computer History Museum. “The Martian's Daughter: A Memoir. Author Marina von Neumann Whitman in conversation with John Hollar.” YouTube. April 29, 2013. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzHBOJYeOWI
- Whitman, Marina von Neumann. “The Martian’s Daughter.” University of Michigan Press. 2012.