Vasari was an artist and architect in 16th-century Italy. But what really made him famous was his writing. He penned biographies of famous artists, but he wasn't exactly exacting about the details.
- Dietz, Paula. “After the Florence Flood: Saving Vasari’s ‘Last Supper.’” The New York Times. Nov. 3, 2016. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/arts/design/after-the-florence-flood-saving-vasaris-last-supper.html
- Getty Foundation. “Vasari Last Supper.” http://www.getty.edu/foundation/initiatives/current/panelpaintings/panel_paintings_vasari.html
- The Editors of Encyclopædia Britannica “Giorgio Vasari.” Encyclopædia Britannica. April 17, 2015. https://www.britannica.com/biography/Giorgio-Vasari
- Daley, Jason. “Major Renaissance Painting Restored 50 Years After It Was Covered in Flood Waters.” Smithsonian. Nov. 8, 2016. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/major-renaissance-painting-restored-50-years-after-it-was-covered-flood-waters-180961028/
- National Gallery of Art. “Mannerism.” https://www.nga.gov/features/slideshows/mannerism.html
- Fesseden, Marissa. “Inside the Italian Art Hospital That Rescues Old Paintings.” Smithsonian.com. October 30, 2015. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/inside-art-hospital-rescues-centuries-old-paintings-180957087/
- Kington, Tom. “Lost Leonardo Da Vinci battle scene sparks row between art historians.” The Guardian. Dec. 5, 2011. https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2011/dec/05/lost-leonardo-da-vinci-scene
- Vasari, Giorgio. “The Lives of Artists.” Translated with an Introduction and Notes by JULIA CONAWAY BONDANELLA and PETER BONDANELLA Oxford University Press. 1991.
- Mosher, Dave. “Lost Leonardo da Vinci Mural Behind False Wall?” National Geographic. March 13, 2012. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/03/120312-leonardo-da-vinci-mural-lost-painting-florence-science-world/
- Jones, Jonathan. “Did Vasari save a Da Vinci for us?” The Guardian. March 14, 2012. https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/jonathanjonesblog/2012/mar/14/vasari-da-vinci