After TV producer David Levy adapted the cartoons of Charles Addams into "The Addams Family," Charlie's life changed in a number of ways. As Addams aged, he sort of settled down, but as with everything, he did so in his own unique way.
- “Charles Addams Biography.” Biography.com April 2, 2014. https://www.biography.com/people/charles-addams-9176280
- Williams, Christian. “Charles Addams.” Nov. 17, 1982. The Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1982/11/17/charles-addams/c3eb3997-da48-4629-bb6a-84563fd91c5a/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f05852b3b86c
- Karasik, Paul. “The Addams Family Secret.” July 9 & 16, 2018. The New Yorker. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/07/09/the-addams-family-secret
- Monush, Barry. “We’re Gonna Pay a Call on … The Addams Family.” The Paley Center for Media. https://www.paleycenter.org/we-re-gonna-pay-a-call-on-the-addams-family/
- Davis, Linda H. “Chas Addams: A Cartoonist’s Life.” Random House. 2006.