Urbanization and mechanization, and all the downsides they brought with them, had continued in Great Britain in the years since the Luddite Rebellion. In response, a radical group plotted to assassinate the Prime Minister's entire cabinet.
- "Arthur Thistlewood." Britannica Library, Encyclopædia Britannica, 3 Feb. 2017. library.eb.com/levels/referencecenter/article/Arthur-Thistlewood/72153. Accessed 17 Apr. 2017.
- Editors of Encyclopedia Britannica. "Combination Acts." 7/20/1988. https://www.britannica.com/event/Combination-Acts
- Chase, Malcolm. “Thistlewood, Arthur (bap. 1774, d. 1820).” Malcolm ChaseOxford Dictionary of National Biography. Ed. H. C. G. Matthew and Brian Harrison. Oxford: OUP, 2004. Online ed. Ed. David Cannadine. Sept. 2010. 17 Apr. 2017 <http://proxy.bostonathenaeum.org:2055/view/article/27188>.
- H. T. Dickinson, ‘Spence, Thomas (1750–1814)’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004 [http://proxy.bostonathenaeum.org:2055/view/article/26112, accessed 17 April 2017]
- The National Archives. " The Cato Street Conspiracy." http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/blackhistory/rights/cato.htm
- Mather, Ruth. " The Peterloo Massacre." British Library. https://www.bl.uk/romantics-and-victorians/articles/the-peterloo-massacre
- British Library. " Axe created for the execution of the Cato Street conspiracy ringleaders." http://www.bl.uk/collection-items/axe-created-for-the-execution-of-the-cato-street-conspiracy-ringleaders#sthash.ysCeDbeu.dpuf.
- Smith, Alan. " Alan Smith relates the tale of the Cato Street conspirators." Published in History Today Volume 3 Issue 12 December 1953. http://www.historytoday.com/alan-smith/arthur-thistlewood-regency-republican
- Parsons, George. " The Cato Street Conspirators in New South Wales." Labour History. No. 8 (May, 1965). Via JSTOR. http://www.jstor.org/stable/27507774
- The Proceedings of Old Bailey. "ARTHUR THISTLEWOOD, WILLIAM DAVIDSON, JAMES INGS, JOHN THOMAS BRUNT, RICHARD TIDD, JAMES WILLIAM WILSON, JOHN HARRISON, RICHARD BRADBURN, JOHN SHAW STRANGE, JAMES GILCHRIST, CHARLES COOPER, ARTHUR THISTLEWOOD, JAMES INGS, JOHN THOMAS BRUNT, RICHARD TIDD, WILLIAM DAVIDSON, JAMES WILSON, JOHN HARRISON, RICHARD BRADBURN, JOHN SHAW STRANGE, JAMES GILCHRIST, CHARLES COOPER, Royal Offences > treason, 16th April 1820." Reference Number: t18200416-1. https://www.oldbaileyonline.org/browse.jsp?id=t18200416-1&div=t18200416-1&terms=arthur_thistlewood#highlight