If you're having trouble downloading or playing our podcast (or others you listen to) — we're sorry! One of these steps almost always fixes the problem:
- Delete the podcast episode and re-download it.
- Close totally out of the podcast app or player you're using and re-open it.
- Restart the device you're listening on.
- Make sure your app/player is up-to-date.
- If none of that worked, unsubscribe and re-subscribe to the show. (This may reset your played/unplayed episodes, depending on what player you're on, which is annoying. So, try it last.)
From time to time, folks write in that we've suddenly started talking much faster than normal. This is usually from accidentally changing the playback speed. The location of this setting varies from one podcast player to another, but Googling "playback speed" and the name of your player will usually bring up instructions on how to fix it.
If your technical issue is with audio episodes posted on YouTube ... we don't have a YouTube channel for our audio podcasts. Episodes posted there are stolen. (These videos are ours, though, so watch away.)
If none of this has worked, please email us at historypodcast (at) howstuffworks (dot) com with the following information:
- A description of exactly what's happening, including where in the episode or episodes the problem occurred
- If possible, the MP3 you downloaded
- The method you're using to listen to the show (as in Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, the Stuff You Missed in History Class website, etc.)
- Your device and operating system
- If you're using the player on our website, which browser you're using (We support Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Firefox, so if you're using another browser instead, please try from one of these four.)
Our staff for the show is basically just the two of us, and we're not online 24/7, but we will pass your note on to the HowStuffWorks technical team and get back to you as soon as we can.